Asbestos Supervisor – Hampshire
PLEASE NOTE: We require candidates to provide proof they have the right to work in the UK and are unable to proceed with applications for candidates who do not have the right to work in the UK.
Collard Group have an exciting new opportunity for Asbestos Surpervisors to join our recently acquired asbestos management business – Amiante STR Ltd.
The role involves supervising licenced and non-licenced asbestos removal works ensuring exemplary standards of compliance and efficiency.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensuring all works are carried out to the highest standard of workmanship at all times preventing and reducing the spread and/or exposure of asbestos
- Complying at all times with company method statements, risk assessments, policies and procedures to ensure the health, safety, welfare and security of all
- Assisting the Contracts Manager with creating Risk Assessments, Method Statements and work instructions that actively improve the health, safety and welfare of all
- Ensuring compliance with all current asbestos and health and safety legislative requirements
- Professionally liaising with clients, contractors and residents at all times
- Completing and signing all relevant paperwork to ensure all legislative, licensable and financial requirements are met
- Carrying out daily record keeping including a company timesheet, respirator check sheet and health record for yourself and for any agency staff under your responsibility on site
- To lead, monitor and assess workforce on an ongoing basis to ensure staff are capable of performing the tasks they are allocated by completing a Training Needs Analysis (TNA) on site based staff under your supervision and providing feedback to the Contracts Manager monthly
- Use the IAR system to enable full recording of all issues impacting on the business.
The Successful candidate will have:
- Asbestos Supervisor experience
- A sound knowledge of the Health & Safety procedures appertaining to asbestos
- Full UK Driving Licence
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Strong people management skills with an ability to create a positive health and safety culture
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate and engage at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Tablet/PC Literate
What’s on Offer:
- A competitive salary of £170 per day / £44,200 per annum
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Life assurance (2 x Salary)
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Training & development opportunities
- Supportive team operating as part a family run business with free company social events
The Collard Group is one of the largest privately-owned waste management companies in the South of England and a leading demolition specialist nationwide.
Our 400-strong team operate from nine recycling facilities across five counties and contracts across the UK. With over 150 lorries our recycling operations cover Hampshire, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and Surrey and we have the capacity to process over 1m tonnes of waste and recycled aggregates every year.
We have grown year-on-year into a multi-disciplined provider of demolition, remediation, earthworks, waste management, recycling, virgin and recycled aggregates and ready-mix concrete.
We continually invest for the future and typically spend over £5m each year on infrastructure, plant and equipment. We’re committed to training and developing and a great place to work for our people along with providing great products, services and solutions for our customers.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £170.00 per day