Machine Operator (Recycling) – Andover
PLEASE NOTE: We require candidates to provide proof they have the right to work in the UK and are unable to proceed with applications for candidates who do not have the right to work in the UK.
The 360 machine operator is responsible for a range of recycling tasks, including the sorting and recycling of wastes, feeding processing plant and loading HGV’s.
- Operating and maintaining plant in a safe and responsible manner, being mindful of all other site users and visitors, at all times.
- Ensuring production targets are met by optimising throughput and pre-sorting operations whilst working as a team with other operators and site staff.
- Effectively reporting defects and issues with plant machinery and equipment to Site Supervisor.
- Keeping in constant communication with Supervisors and other Operators.
- Ensure all company procedures are always followed, with special focus on Health & Safety.
- Report all accidents and incidents in accordance with company rules, Assisting with specific investigations as appropriate
The Successful Candidate will:
- Have knowledge of the waste and recycling industries
- Have good working knowledge and experience of associated plant and machinery with the correct tickets
- Show safety and environmental awareness throughout the industry and site permits
- Willingly take on additional workload to help other team members while maintaining a positive attitude.
What’s on Offer
- A competitive salary of £12.50 per hour
- 45 hour per week contract with overtime potential
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Life assurance (2 x Salary)
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Free full company branded personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Free parking
- Supportive team operating as part a family run business with free company social events
About the Collard Group
The Collard Group is one of the largest privately-owned waste management companies in the South of England and a leading demolition specialist nationwide.
Our 400-strong team operate from nine recycling facilities across five counties and contracts across the UK. With over 150 lorries our recycling operations cover Hampshire, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and Surrey and we have the capacity to process over 1m tonnes of waste and recycled aggregates every year.
We have grown year-on-year into a multi-disciplined provider of demolition, remediation, earthworks, waste management, recycling, virgin and recycled aggregates and ready-mix concrete.
We continually invest for the future and typically spend over £5m each year on infrastructure, plant and equipment. We’re committed to training and developing and a great place to work for our people along with providing great products, services and solutions for our customers.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £12.50 per hour