Recycling Line Picker – Various sites
PLEASE NOTE: We require candidates to provide proof they have the right to work in the UK and are unable to proceed with applications for candidates who do not have the right to work in the UK.
The recycling line picker is responsible for safe and efficient segregation of recyclable materials by picking materials from the processing line for further recycling.
- Picking selected materials from a moving conveyor to maximise recycling rates
- Housekeeping to ensure that the facilities are kept clean, tidy and free of trip hazards
- Supporting with maintenance of the plant, if required
- General duties throughout the facility
- Following health and safety rules and procedures
In order to be successful in this role, you must have:
- Previous experience of picking or labouring
- Knowledge of the waste recycling desirable but not essential
- Safety and environmental awareness
- Right to Work or Remain in the UK status
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A strong work ethic and punctual
- Focus and concentration
- A good level of English to be able to understand and follow instructions and site rules.
What’s on Offer
- A competitive rate of pay at £10.25 per hour (dependent upon experience)
- 45 hour per week contract with overtime potential
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Life assurance (2 x Salary)
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Free full company branded personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Free parking
- Supportive team operating as part a family run business with free company social events.
About the Collard Group
The Collard Group is one of the largest privately-owned waste management companies in the South of England and a leading demolition specialist nationwide.
Our 400-strong team operate from nine recycling facilities across five counties and contracts across the UK. With over 150 lorries our recycling operations cover Hampshire, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and Surrey and we have the capacity to process over 1m tonnes of waste and recycled aggregates every year.
We have grown year-on-year into a multi-disciplined provider of demolition, remediation, earthworks, waste management, recycling, virgin and recycled aggregates and ready-mix concrete.
We continually invest for the future and typically spend over £5m each year on infrastructure, plant and equipment. We’re committed to training and developing and a great place to work for our people along with providing great products, services and solutions for our customers.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.25 per hour