Environmental Permitting Advisor/Manager – Hook
PLEASE NOTE: We require candidates to provide proof they have the right to work in the UK and are unable to proceed with applications for candidates who do not have the right to work in the UK.
The Environmental Permitting Advisor/Manager will be responsible to the HSQE Director and be the lead for environmental permit applications, extensions and compliance, together with ongoing monitoring and promoting environmental sustainability.
Although ideally based from our head office at Eversley (consideration will be given to the right candidate to be based form one of our other office locations) the role will require regular attendance at our fixed sites and occasional support to contracting operations.
- Lead responsibility for the application, extension, amendment and monitoring of operating permits for our fixed, recycling, waste and aggregate sites.
- Submission of data to the Environment Agency, local and statutory bodies as required.
- Lead for the development and implementation of a group carbon capture and offsetting strategy.
- Provides technical and specialist Environmental support to line and site management
- Monitors Site compliance with statutory responsibilities, regulatory obligations and the business management system.
- Development and promotion of environmental improvement and sustainability at site and office.
- Assists in development and implementation of environmental management plans, strategies, campaigns and improvement plans.
- Reviews Site Procedures and practices as required and report to the management team as appropriate.
- Undertake audits and inspections, record findings, advise site and line management as appropriate and conduct follow up assurance ensuring non conformities or actions have been completed within designated timescales.
- Conduct incident investigation to identify root cause and recommendations to prevent reoccurrence, produce and manage incident reports in designated timescale.
- Assist with the production of month end reports in a timely manner.
- Reports to HSEQ and Operations management teams at core office locations on a regular basis and attends meetings as required for and on behalf of RCollard Group.
Knowledge / Qualifications / Experience
- Relevant experience in a waste, recycling and aggregate business.
- Sound technical knowledge of Environmental and Permitting Regulations and Requirements as pertaining to waste, recycling and aggregate operations.
- A technical background, with significant experience of permit compliance in an Operational environment – ideally with a specialist in at least one area.
- Excellent written skills and experience producing permit applications and extensions.
- Hold a recognised Environmental qualification and professional membership.
- Experience working with ISO 14001 management systems.
Skills / Competencies
- Ability to liaise with the EA other Agencies (such as Local Planning Authorities) and interested parties on behalf of Collard Group.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate and engage at all levels.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills are essential, as are report writing / summarising ability – must be able to present technical ideas to a non-technical audience at all levels of the organisation
- Autonomous role, managing your own diary conducting site visits to pre agreed requirements.
- PC Literate – with experience of using Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and use of the internet.
What’s on Offer
- A competitive salary starting from £40,000 up to £55,000 per annum dependent upon experience.
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Life assurance (4 x Salary)
- Private medical insurance (after 3 months service)
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Training & development opportunities
- Supportive team operating as part a family run business with free company social events
- On site parking
The Collard Group is one of the largest privately-owned waste management companies in the South of England and a leading demolition specialist nationwide.
Our 400-strong team operate from nine recycling facilities across five counties and contracts across the UK. With over 150 lorries our recycling operations cover Hampshire, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and Surrey and we have the capacity to process over 1m tonnes of waste and recycled aggregates every year.
We have grown year-on-year into a multi-disciplined provider of demolition, remediation, earthworks, waste management, recycling, virgin and recycled aggregates and ready-mix concrete.
We continually invest for the future and typically spend over £5m each year on infrastructure, plant and equipment. We’re committed to training and developing and a great place to work for our people along with providing great products, services and solutions for our customers.