Senior Quantity Surveyor – Eversley
The Quantity Surveyor (QS) is part of the Demolition Team and reports to the Commercial Manager. The role of the QS is a full time position based at our Office in Eversley Hampshire but involves travelling to a number of sites. The size, complexity and geographical location of the projects vary considerably. We carry out projects of any size within a 30 mile radius of our North Hampshire Head Office but we work throughout the South of England and, occasionally, beyond on larger projects.
- Producing applications for payment including valuation of variations and loss and/or expense.
- Agreement of interim payment amounts with Clients, monitoring when payments notices are due/received/outstanding.
- Preparing project budgets in conjunction with the Contracts Managers and Operations Director
- Monitoring budgets against costs and projections on a monthly basis.
- Sending subcontractor enquiries, analysing quotations, placement of orders, interim payments & agreement of subcontractor final accounts
- Ensuring that we fulfil all our contractual obligations
- Advising contracts managers regarding all commercial matters (variations, delays etc.) and ensuring that they are identified and recorded.
- Assist contracts managers in the Preparation of Contractual Notices including EWNs/ NCE’s and EOT requests.
- Site visits are essential to monitor for possible variations and similar matters and ensure that site records are produced.
- Maintain good relationships with clients, consultants and colleagues..
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ideally this should be within the demolition Industry and/or earthworks/ enabling works.
- The placement of subcontract orders
- Production of, and monitoring of, project budgets
- Production of applications for payment including valuation of variations and loss and/or expense
- Monitoring when payments are due/received/outstanding
- Understanding of the JCT Standard Forms of Contract and similar
- Quantity Surveying Degree or professional qualification (MRICS or MCIOB) (Preferred although not essential)
- Excellent IT skills (particularly Microsoft Excel)
- Knowledge of Evolution MX software would be advantageous.
- Full Driving Licence
Skills / Competencies
- Strongly commercially aware with the ability to communicate
- financial and contractual matters in a clear and concise manner
People / Communication:
- Effective communicator.
- Be an excellent team player, with the ability to work under pressure in a demanding commercial environment
- Appropriately involves others in decisions and promotes positive group morale and productivity
- Maintain good relationships and build confidence with clients, consultants and colleagues
What’s on Offer:
- A competitive salary depending upon experience
- Mobile phone and laptop
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance (4 x Salary)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Training & development opportunities
- Supportive team operating as part a family run business with free company social events
The Collard Group is one of the largest privately-owned waste management companies in the South of England and a leading demolition specialist nationwide.
Our 400-strong team operate from nine recycling facilities across five counties and contracts across the UK. With over 150 lorries our recycling operations cover Hampshire, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and Surrey and we have the capacity to process over 1m tonnes of waste and recycled aggregates every year.
We have grown year-on-year into a multi-disciplined provider of demolition, remediation, earthworks, waste management, recycling, virgin and recycled aggregates and ready-mix concrete.
We continually invest for the future and typically spend over £5m each year on infrastructure, plant and equipment. We’re committed to providing great products, services and solutions for our customers. For further information, please visit www.rcollard.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent