Stores Controller – Hook
You will be responsible for all aspects of managing company stock for the contracting business. This includes supervising all goods inwards and storage of stock for internal hire, as well as issuing in a timely manner to multiple construction contracts.
In addition to this, you will be responsible for:
- Liaising with Contracting division (Contracts Managers / Site Foreman) to fulfil requirements from the stores / stock
- Build and maintain a good relationship to negotiate prices with suppliers
- Purchasing and management of the demolition and company stores including stock management
- Charging contracts for the stores items
- Forward planning for high demand items so stock levels do not become critical
- Purchasing small tools & equipment
- Allocating an ID / Fleet No’s to each tool purchased and create on Evo MX
- Sending a weekly list to all sites / contract managers of tools / equipment on each site
- Organising Repairs of broken tools and arrange billing accordingly
- Create and manage a LOLER list for lifting equipment
- Liaise with Plant Department when transport is needed
- Arranging calibrations of Lasers, CAT, Genny’s
In order to be successful in this role, you must have:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in stock control and buying or working with construction equipment
- Excellent writing skills with good GCSE or A level grades in English
- Knowledge of the construction industry
- Microsoft Office Experience (Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook)
It would also be great if you had a:
- Fork-lift license (although, training could be available for the right candidate)
What’s on Offer
- A competitive salary starting from £30,000.00 per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Work Place Pension Scheme
- Free full company branded personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Free parking
- Supportive team operating as part a family run business with free company social events
About the Collard Group
The Collard Group is one of the largest privately-owned waste management companies in the South of England and a leading demolition specialist nationwide.
Our 400-strong team operate from nine recycling facilities across five counties and contracts across the UK. With over 150 lorries our recycling operations cover Hampshire, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and Surrey and we have the capacity to process over 1m tonnes of waste and recycled aggregates every year.
We have grown year-on-year into a multi-disciplined provider of demolition, remediation, earthworks, waste management, recycling, virgin and recycled aggregates and ready-mix concrete.
We continually invest for the future and typically spend over £5m each year on infrastructure, plant and equipment. We’re committed to training and developing and a great place to work for our people along with providing great products, services and solutions for our customers.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £30,000.00 per year