The historic Former Horlicks 12.3-acre site comprised of various commercial/industry factory buildings, 7 storey water tower plus the 1906 original Horlicks factory which is a listed structure.
The works required the demolition of a 30 m the water tower and all surrounding Factory buildings. The original main factory was preserved to enable the structure to be altered to accommodate redevelopment of flats, café, cinema and gym, adjacent to new blocks of flats where the former factories once stood.
All demolition arisings were processed for use in piling mats and to facilitate the new construction.
The demolition works themselves was a particular complex operation, not just in terms of protecting the varied listed structures that required retaining, but also the added complexity of dealing with structures of varied construction types dating back the turn of the century, all of which required different structural assessment and method.