The main scope of works consisted of the Installation of 1.2km of earthworks to facilitate to construction of a new bypass. Included within these works was the installation of a railway abutment.
The project involved of the importation and laying of circa 60,000m3 of recycled aggregates throughout the summer and winter months, meaning management of the material was critical.
Successful Outcomes and Key targets and project measures:
- We successfully completed the project to time and to budget.
- The project was completed with zero accidents.
- We sustainability recycled 99.9% of the waste onsite
- We had no accidents or near misses relating to the school including maintaining all utilities and services throughout the project.
- Awarded the Balfour Beatty Sustainability Award